With smart technology becoming so ubiquitous these days it’s easy to think that traditional accessories like wrist watches are going out of style. Well that’s far from the truth as they remain one of the most popular accessories for both men and women. To add to that there’s now a rising market for wooden watches and it’s not surprising to see why.
Many companies want to present a green image and that's starting with making more products out of sustainable materials. Today we're going to take a look at all wood watches and in particular The Jefferson wood-bamboo watch we offer on thunderliger.com.
All wood watches: What are the benefits?
The market for watches is already big enough that anyone can find something to their taste. Now adding to that we have all wood watches which several big companies have started to design in style. Thanks to their eco-friendly design these watches provide some extra benefits compared with conventional watches.
- Renewable resource – wood in an entirely renewable resource making this the perfect gift for the nature conscious loved one in your life. All the wood for these watches come from sustainable forests which means a new one is planted for each one cut down. As well as that, those with metal allergies will find these watches a relief to wear.
- Insensitive to heat – most metal watches tend to be heat sensitive. As temperatures rise metal becomes hot while leather expands or contracts depending on moisture levels. Thankfully wooden watches are surprisingly heat and water resistant. No need to worry about burning your wrist on a hot metal watch band or rust gathering on the band over time.
- Stylish design – these watches come in countless designs and materials making them suitable for anyone’s style. Wood can match with just about anything making an all-wood watch easy to add to your current look. There also sure to stand out from conventional watches and provide an ice-breaker.
The Jefferson all-wood watch
Now that the benefits can be seen let’s take a closer look at one in particular, this being The Jefferson by Thunder Liger. If you’re looking for style eco-friendliness and affordability then this is definitely one worth looking at. Thunder Liger makes it their goal to create products that are both high-quality and affordable which is exactly what you get with this.
- Handcrafted design
- Unisex design for both men and women
- Water resistant
- Highly accurate time tracking
- Scratch resistant
- Doesn’t cause allergies
- Environmentally friendly
- Made from 80% biodegradable materials
- Handcrafted unique design in every model
- Premium Japanese quartz movement ensures accurate time keeping
- Timeless design that can match any style
- Quality construction makes it both scratch and waterproof
- Not fully waterproof
One of the best things you’ll get out of this watch is its unique design. It’s sure to stand out from whatever anyone else has while remaining lightweight and practical at the same time. The Jefferson also has come customizable option like the choice between a leather or bamboo strap along with a variety of colors, patterns and widths to choose from. Thunder Liger have tried to make this as stylish and affordable as possible so they’ve done away with any unnecessary features like the brand logo which would push the price up.
When It comes to making comparisons between different all-wood watches isn’t really just a matter of style. Some though can be very unique such as The Winkelmann, also by Thunder Liger. With this, you go without the usual hour and minute hand which are instead swapped for two pixels. If you want something that will really stand out then this will definitely get people talking.
All wood watches can come in a range of different style with correspondingly high price tags, it really depends on how much you’re willing to spend. For instance, the Springbreak Unisex Murchison brings together high-class features with a unique design thanks to the gold colored clasp and crown.
If all you're looking for though is a nice design that is guaranteed to stand out while remaining affordable than The Jefferson will accomplish that. What makes most of these other watches more expensive is a higher level of craftsmanship and more better quality materials. If you want to make a statement then go ahead but otherwise, you don't need to go crazy with these. Whatever style or brand you choose, you'll still get all the main benefits of an all-wood watch. Some, however, will be more biodegradable than others and hence better for the environment. If this is a concern for you then make sure you read the product description carefully before making any buying decision.
When deciding on a wrist watch, you’ll want something that is both stylish and practical. Standard metal watches may be more durable but unless you’re willing to fork over big money it’s hard to make them stand out. Along with that, these with metal allergies won't find them usable. An all wood watch solves all these problems while also allowing you to be eco-friendly at the same time. If you want something that is guaranteed to stand out and be noticed an all wood watch will certainly do that. Being handmade, each model is unique and will make a great accessory to whatever wardrobe you choose to wear,
Those who want a nice accessory to go with their current style while not breaking the bank at the same time will find a lot of benefits with an all wood watch. The Jefferson has all these benefits while still being made to a high standard. The hand-crafted design, which makes no two the same, should interest most people along with its eco-friendly design which makes it good for the environment. As an entry model to all wood watch’s, The Jefferson is a great one to start with and receives our recommendations.